- The "Real Sociedad Económica Aragonesa de Amigos del País" establishes the Savings Bank.
- The Savings Bank starts operating.
- The Bank is renamed as "Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Zaragoza".
- First expansion plan in Aragon, La Rioja and Guadalajara: 368 branches opened and name changed to "Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Zaragoza, Aragón y Rioja".
- Expansion into Madrid and along the Mediterranean Basin.
- 1988.- Financial Group founded.
- Growth of Social Work (Camón Aznar museum opened).
- 1991.-Acquisition of Caixa Rural de Catalunya (Lérida).
- New expansion to be present nationwide.
- Ibercaja withstands sector problems.
- Launch of project specialising in Personal Banking.
- Creation of Ibercaja Banco.
- Overcomes the demands of the Stress Tests without public aid.
- Acquisition of 100% of Banco Grupo Caja 3
- June - Savings Bank (the majority shareholder of Ibercaja Banco) becomes a Banking Foundation.
- October- Banco Grupo Caja 3 fully integrated into Ibercaja Banco.
- January - Victor Iglesias is appointed CEO.